AMP S2E5: Rita Soronen - What The Dave Thomas Foundation is Doing to Help
You guys, I am not often nervous or intimidated by an interview., even with people I don't know very well. But with Rita Soronen, aka the CEO of the Dave Thomas Foundation (nbd, right?) I was definitely feeling a little star-struck.
The Dave Thomas Foundation, the nonprofit force behind Wendy's Wonderful Kids, has been and is currently killing it in the adoption through foster care game. They took a problem, met it with scientific research and a whole bunch of generosity (I'm majorly UNDER-exaggerating here). and have made incredible, measurable impact on the highest-risk kids in foster care.
The Foundation, backed by their powerhouse CEO, Ms. Soronen, has been able to go before politicians with their research and make crazy strides in this area, and they aren't even close to being finished. I can't wait for you to hear this interview!
- Check out The Dave Thomas Foundation's general information here. To donate to this amazing foundation, click here.
- Wendy's Wonderful Kids does such amazing work, and you should check it out here.
- Project Zero puts the real live faces of children who are available for adoption in front of the families looking to provide forever homes for them. They travel around the state promoting their dream of having Zero waiting children in Arkansas. You can check out their website here and their Facebook here.
- Grace Haven Ministries offers support and services for adoptive families in the trenches. I can say this from personal experience. We were at the end of our rope with this business and Grace Haven's director of counseling services was at our house within an hour... FO FREE. She talked us off the ledge and provided us with some great resources for moving forward. Seriously, reach out to them with your concerns and struggles TODAY. Visit their website here and their Facebook page here.
- The CALL trains, equips, and supports foster and adoptive families. You heard from the director in NWA, Ann in the first episode of this podcast. They are great and you should check them out. They have no-commitment info-meeting regularly if you just want to gather more information about adopting from the foster care system, and they provide the complete training you need to become an open home. Check out their website here and their Facebook page here.