I am THRILLED to return with SEASON 2, y'all! And what a way to jump back into the swing of things than to sit down with an absolute expert in the field of birth-mom care in the adoption world. And how did Christy Harmon become this expert? Through learning to love her own birth parents through the beauty of her adoption story.
Christy was adopted at birth by her wonderful parents (Spoiler alert: After hearing how awesome her parents are, I HAD to sit down with her mom for an interview too, so get excited for that!), and they raised her with such a love and appreciation for her birth parents, that it blocked Satan's efforts to create wounds and gaps before she could even feel them. This love that her parents instilled in her at such a young age created a passion as an adult to fill in those gaps for women facing the toughest decisions of their lives.
Above is (from left to right) Christy with her dad, mom and birth mom, her birth dad, and her birth mom. So so special.
Christy has such a bright and positive outlook on life that it would be extremely difficult not to love her, and I bet that is exactly the reason God gave her this passion and talent to see such hard things through such loving, patient, and compassionate eyes.
I can't wait for you guys to hear her story and learn how we can help fill in those gaps as well!
- Project Zero puts the real live faces of children who are available for adoption in front of the families looking to provide forever homes for them. They travel around the state promoting their dream of having Zero waiting children in Arkansas. You can check out their website here and their Facebook here.
- Grace Haven Ministries offers support and services for adoptive families in the trenches. I can say this from personal experience. We were at the end of our rope with this business and Grace Haven's director of counseling services was at our house within an hour... FO FREE. She talked us off the ledge and provided us with some great resources for moving forward. Seriously, reach out to them with your concerns and struggles TODAY. Visit their website here and their Facebook page here.
- The CALL trains, equips, and supports foster and adoptive families. You heard from the director in NWA, Ann in the first episode of this podcast. They are great and you should check them out. They have no-commitment info-meeting regularly if you just want to gather more information about adopting from the foster care system, and they provide the complete training you need to become an open home. Check out their website here and their Facebook page here.
- Christy is a Pregnancy Counselor at Lifeline Children's Services! They do amazing work and would love your support in any way. You can check out their website for information if you want to help AND if you need that help here.
- Christy mentions an amazing book in her interview about how to talk to your adopted kids about their families and their past and how they became yours forever. You can check that book out or order from Amazon here!