Last month, I was honored to be able to record my podcast AT the annual Project Zero Gala. I got to interview a lot of the attendees about their thoughts on adoption and how everyone can help. It was so awesome. In addition to the amazing quick guests, I also got to do an extended interview with the founder and director of Project Zero, Christie Erwin and the local director, Tiphanie Gurwell.
I asked everyone 3 questions:
- Why are you here tonight?
- How has adoption impacted your life?
- How can we help?
I got all kinds of difference answers, and it was so much fun to hear everyone's input and takeaways from such an incredible even that tugs at your heart and makes you want to get involved.
I hope you enjoy these awesome interviews as much as I did!
- Project Zero puts the real live faces of children who are available for adoption in front of the families looking to provide forever homes for them. They travel around the state promoting their dream of having Zero waiting children in Arkansas. You can check out their website here and their Facebook here.
- Grace Haven Ministries offers support and services for adoptive families in the trenches. I can say this from personal experience. We were at the end of our rope with this business and Grace Haven's director of counseling services was at our house within an hour... FO FREE. She talked us off the ledge and provided us with some great resources for moving forward. Seriously, reach out to them with your concerns and struggles TODAY. Visit their website here and their Facebook page here.
- The CALL trains, equips, and supports foster and adoptive families. You heard from the director in NWA, Ann in the first episode of this podcast. They are great and you should check them out. They have no-commitment info-meeting regularly if you just want to gather more information about adopting from the foster care system, and they provide the complete training you need to become an open home. Check out their website here and their Facebook page here.