Rebekah Price has been in the Adoption care game for a long time. She has been a licensed social worker and therapist and worked in many facets of family support. Rebekah has knowledge and training out the wazoo on trauma and the brain and connection, but even more awesome is that she is an adoptive mama herself.
As I mentioned above, Rebekah has worked in many different arenas with this adoption thing, currently though, she is a family therapist at Waterstone Counseling and the clinical director for Grace Haven Ministries. That is how our family became blessed to know this amazing woman. We reached out to Grace Haven, and 1 hour later Rebekah was on our doorstep ready to counsel us and walk us through one of the darkest times of our adoption journey.
In my interview with Bekah, we talk about the physical impact that trauma has on the brain, and where our hard children's behaviors are rooted and how to begin working on them with new eyes for the problem. I am so excited to share her wisdom with all of my listeners!
- Grace Haven Ministries offers support and services for adoptive families in the trenches. I can say this from personal experience. We were at the end of our rope with this business and Grace Haven's director of counseling services was at our house within an hour... FO FREE. She talked us off the ledge and provided us with some great resources for moving forward. Seriously, reach out to them with your concerns and struggles TODAY. Visit their website here and their Facebook page here.
- The CALL trains, equips, and supports foster and adoptive families. You heard from the director in NWA, Ann in the first episode of this podcast. They are great and you should check them out. They have no-commitment info-meeting regularly if you just want to gather more information about adopting from the foster care system, and they provide the complete training you need to become an open home. Check out their website here and their Facebook page here.
- Project Zero puts the real live faces of children who are available for adoption in front of the families looking to provide forever homes for them. They travel around the state promoting their dream of having Zero waiting children in Arkansas. You can check out their website here and their Facebook here.
- Waterstone Counseling Center
- Buy the Connected Child on Amazon by clicking here.
- Crisis Pregnancy Center